Tree stumps are an obstacle, whether you are improving your yard or getting ready to sell. But more than just an inconvenience, they can also bring and foster pests in your yard and home.
Professional Property Services LLC is fully insured & registered with the State of Minnesota Department of Agriculture Tree Care Registry.
Why should you remove that old stump?
Tree stumps are unsightly and end up being a hazard. More than just an inconvenience, they can also bring and foster pests in your yard and home. A tree stump can serve as the home for many types of fungus and bugs, including ants, termites, beetles, and other wood-boring invasive insects. They can attack and carve out the tree stump, but can also cause significant damage to your lawn, other trees, shrubbery, and even your house. Removing the tree stump deprives them of a foothold on your lawn, providing one more layer of protection for your home.
- Professional stump grinding and surface root removal
- Cleanup and hauling of resulting mulch
- Residential and Commercial service
- Service in the entire Twins Cities Metro Area & Itasca County
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
The Grinding Process
Jeff always calls Gopher State One Call to have all lines located and marked.
Please make sure the area is free of any landscape rock, pet fencing, or other hard materials that could damage equipment and property.
Measure the Stump
Measure the widest diameter (width) at ground level. Include surface roots in the overall measurement if you want them removed too. Typically, stumps should be no more than 6” above the ground or additional charges may apply. A standard grind is about 6″ to 8″ deep.
PRO TIP: Make sure you are measuring at ground level, and NOT the top of the stump.
Grinding is generally $5 per inch. For example, a stump that is 20” in width would cost $100. Discounts for multiple stumps. $100 minimum, grinding fee includes trip charge, utilities locating service, and backfill of the original stump with the biodegradable stump grinding.
Additional grinding clean-up and offsite removal available for an additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
How deep do you grind stumps?
About 6-8” is standard. A deeper grind can be done for an additional fee.
How do I measure my stump?
- Measure the widest diameter (width) at ground level.
- Measure the width of the hole you would like to be left with when we are finished.
- Include surface roots in overall diameter if you want them removed.
How soon can you complete the work?
- Lead time depends on the season, and is typically measured in days, not weeks.
- Lead time is shortest in mid-summer and late fall.
- We can usually make allowances for deadlines and emergencies. Please contact us.
- Individual stumps typically require minutes, not hours, to remove.
Will your equipment damage my lawn?
- No, the Carlton SP5014 has a 35″ narrow width and self propelled hydraulics to make it easy to get into tight areas on your property and has large turf tires. If the ground is hard enough to walk on, it’s solid enough for equipment.
- In case of extremely wet or soft conditions, I will inspect the site before working and contact you with alternative suggestions.
- Stump grinding is the most efficient and non-invasive way to remove stumps. What about limited access or fenced yards?
- No problem. A path or gate only 36 inches wide is needed through which to drive my equipment.
What about underground utilities (phone lines, cable TV, electric and gas lines, etc.)?
- If you know of lines buried near your stump, or if you are unsure, please inform us. I will notify Gopher State One Call to have them located and marked.
- GSOC does not locate private lines, such as sprinkler systems, outdoor lighting, and gas lines to swimming pools or gas grills. Homeowners responsibility to notify of any of these that may be near stump areas.
Will the tree grow back once the stump is ground up?
- The remaining stump and underground roots will eventually decay and change to soil.
Tree Service Referral
Contact Sean McNally at firstname.lastname@example.org for your tree service needs.
Contact perfiscape.com for your landscaping needs.